Here’s a glimpse at a work in progress from a process in progress.
Alas, that I discovered how awesome printmaking was on my way out of college. I’m trying though. I wanted to see what a print would look like on
top of a hand rendered pattern. I ran 12 prints (and when I say ran I mean kneeling on my bathroom floor rubbing with a spoon). They were hurried and there wasn’t a great deal of thought put into the marks that I made in the backgrounds.
I like the effect but I think I can push it further. The monochromatic ones were more successful so I was thinking of creating a few lino blocks that have abstract patterns in them, getting a few more colors of ink and doing a multi-step printing process. If I use layered monochromatic pattern it should have a more polished look and be more efficient.
I still want to see what a collage would look like behind a print, so I’ll try that too. As long as the color scheme remains monochromatic I think I can push the patterning pretty far without making a complete fail-tastic mess.